Home / EntertainingMonday, April 21, 2014 6:00 AM
The dish from the experts
The pros at Taste of Home have just shared their list of spring cleaning tips for the kitchen - and we’re so ready for it. Here’s a look at what they recommend!
- Sweep the floor nightly to prevent dirt and crumbs from becoming ground in or causing spots and stains.
- Place loose recipes in a binder. Create tabs to separate them by category or those you use most often.
- Organize your spices alphabetically, by ethnicity or by how often you use them.
- Have plastic lids that seem to have lost their partners? Toss them!
- Keep only food and cooking-related items in the kitchen. Try to find a new home for paperwork and the junk drawer.
- Give yourself more counter space by moving smaller, infrequently used appliances to a shelf.
- Keep a running grocery list on the fridge, and ask your family to update it if they use up an item [...]