Fashion / BeautyMonday, July 21, 2014 6:00 AM
We all get them…
We all get them, those pesky ingrown hairs that come along with shaving and waxing. Stop them before they start with these tips and tricks from Kimberly Sampson, National Training Director for emerginC.
- Exfoliate skin 1-2 days prior to shaving or waxing. Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells, oil and debris that may get trapped into hair follicles.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth.
- Apply soothing aloe, botanical oils and/or tea extracts to skin after shaving, waxing to help prevent skin irritation and ingrowns.
- Natural and organic antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients such as tea tree help prevent ingrown hairs and razor bumps.
- Apply products with tea tree oil 1-3 days after shaving/waxing to prevent ingrown hairs.
She also recommends the following products from the emerginC line for preventing ingrown hairs [...]