Home / EntertainingMonday, November 24, 2014 6:00 AM
Yes a sweet treat using avocado
Sure avocados go great on toast, in salads, and scooped up on their own, but did you know they make a fantastic addition to desserts? To find out how we can incorporate this superfood ingredient into a sweet craving quenching healthy dessert we turned to master chef dessert chef, Pichet Ong.
- 4 oz (113 g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup (50 grams) sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon (10 grams) honey
- 1⁄2 cup + 1 tablespoon (85 grams) avocado, pitted, cubed & packed
- 1⁄4 cup (60 grams) crème fraiche
- 1⁄4 cup (60 grams) whipping cream, soft whipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon (2 grams) maldon salt
- 4 tablespoon (38 grams) extra virgin olive oil
- Toss together lemon juice, zest, and avocado and puree in food processor until smooth.
- In mixer fitted with paddle attachment, paddle cream cheese with sugar, salt [...]